We’ve had a couple of stressful weeks following our trip. We still have to finish up an irrigation leak in the front yard that we identified before leaving, Kate got a cold that has lasted until the last day or two, her computer went out, and we bought another, Dad’s heart rate dropped to 30 and he went to the Heart Hospital for a couple of days, business is off and I have been deciding whether or not to close entirely, we’ve had a buyer for our building and settled on a contract, etc.
Kate seems to have felt better this week although she was a little upset with herself this morning as she prepared to get ready for a PEO Founder’s Day luncheon. She couldn’t remember the exact time of the lunch and waited too late to find someone at home who could tell her. Then she lost a magnet for the back of her PEO pin. She found it but said, “”I’m a disaster.” At 12:06 she asked me what time it was. I told her. and she thought it was earlier; so it meant that she was late for what turned out to be a noon lunch. I drove her which reduced her stress and told her I would try to take her places whenever possible.
The good news is that selling the building will take a little financial pressure off of us. In addition, Megan figured up the committed projects and our part of the income. It turns out that we almost have everything covered for the year. All we need is another 4-5 average projects to get that; so it looks like we will make it another year. That’s good because we agreed to sign a one-year lease with the new owners of the building..